Roundstone surgery is trialling a new product called doctorlink that enables patients to manage their care needs remotely where appropriate.
What is doctorlink?
- doctorlink can be accessed from any web enabled device 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from any location
- doctorlink provides the ability to seek clinically approved medical advice around the clock. This helps to reduce unnecessary surgery appointments and will provide advice on how to best manage your symptoms
- doctorlink facilitates booking an appointment should a clinical consultation be recommended
How does it work?
- doctorlink uses a Symptom Assessment tool to perform e-triage on patients who access the practice online looking for an urgent/same day appointment.
- The outcomes of the symptom assessment are processed according to the clinical need. If a clinical consultation is recommended the patient will booked into an appointment slot appropriate to the symptom assessment outcome (e.g. telephone consultation with a nurse practitioner within next 48 hours, same day face to face consultation with a GP).
- The practice will receive a copy of the all the symptom assessment outputs just as they would following an out of hours 111 consultation.
- As doctorlink is accessible 24/7 it is able to cater for both in and out of hours scenarios directing people to either 111 or the surgery as appropriate.
Roundstone surgery has agreed to trial doctorlink and will be working closely with the providers to manage its integration into the practice and help patients get signed up. All feedback from the trial will help shape and develop the product ensuring that it is of use for clinicians, practice reception staff and patients.
doctorlink will be accessible for patients of Roundstone surgery from 15th May. If you are interested in using doctorlink, you access it via: http://www.doctorlink.com/roundstone
The application is easy to use and once you have signed up you will be able to check your symptoms and book appointments at the surgery. Please note that you need to use a supported web broweser to access the product such as google chrome, safari or firefox.
Please rest assured that:
- doctorlink is not connected to your patient record so information about you is not being shared with doctorlink
- Patients do not have to enter any personal details to get medical advice (just age, gender and subsequent questions about your symptoms)
- You can continue to ring the surgery for same-day urgent care and speak to or see a GP or another member of the clinical team as you always been able to.